2021 Tax Information
Forms Available at the Library
The IRS provides the library with a limited number of forms and instruction booklets. We do not know ahead of time when we will receive a particular form, but this page will be updated as we receive materials.
- Form 1 - has not arrived
- Form 1-NR/PY - has not arrived
- Form 1040 and Form 1040 SR - have not arrived
- Form 1040 and Form 1040 SR instruction booklets - have not arrived
Most Used Forms
The MA Department of Revenue has not yet published tax forms for 2021. This page will be updated when the forms are published.
- Form 1040 - U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
- Form 1040 SR - U.S. Tax Return for Seniors
- Form 1040 NR - U.S. Nonresident Alien Income Tax Return
- Schedule 1 - Additional Income and Adjustments to Income
Use Schedule 1 if you have additional income such as unemployment compensation, rent and royalty income, or gambling winnings or to report adjustments to income such as student loan interest payments, self-employment taxes, or educator expenses.
Use Schedule 2 if you owe other taxes such as self-employment taxes, household employee taxes, or alternative minimum tax (AMT); if you received distributions or made excess contributions to certain retirement plans or tax-favored accounts; or if you need to repay excess advance premium tax credit.
Use Schedule 3 if you can claim credits not listed on Form 1040 or 1040 SR such as the Foreign Tax Credit, Child and Dependent Care Credit, or Credit for the Elderly or Disabled or for reporting other taxes you might have paid such as amounts paid with an extension request or excess Social Security tax withheld.
- Schedule A - Itemized Deductions
- Schedule B - Interest and Ordinary Dividends
- Schedule C - Profit or Loss from Business
- Schedule D - Capital Gains and Losses
- Form 8949 - Sales and Other Dispositions of Capital Assets (file with Schedule D)
- Schedule E - Supplemental Income and Loss
- Schedule EIC - Earned Income Credit
- Form 2441 - Child and Dependent Care Expenses
- Form 8812 - Additional Child Tax Credit
- Schedule R - Credit for the Elderly or Disabled
- Schedule SE - Self-Employment Tax
- Form W-9 - Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification
Additional Forms and Formats
- View and print federal forms, instructions, and publications
- Order paper copies of federal forms and publications
- View and print Massachusetts forms and instructions
- Request paper copies of Massachusetts forms by calling 617-626-3833
- Request large print copies of Massachusetts forms by calling 617-626-3410